Not too spicy, hot with a hint of flame.
Great with nachos, hot dogs, or burgers. Enjoy!
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 24 Serrano Peppers (or Jalepeños)
- 1 Red onion
- 1 pair gloves for preparation purposes (optional)
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar into a medium pot, bring to a low boil.
- Wearing gloves, thinly slice the Serrano peppers and separate and discard seeds. (May be hot!)
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Put the Serrano peppers and onions slices into a glass mason jar.
- Pour the warm liquid mixture over the pepper and onions in the mason jar, filling it.
- Let cool without the lid fastened, then close up and seal.
- Let sit for at least one day. The longer it sits, the more flavor develops.