Our friend’s at George’s Dreshertown ShopnBag have given us a delicious chicken saltimbocca recipe that is simple to make for two people, or the entire family.
- 8 Chicken cutlets, about 2 ounces each
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- 8 large leaves of fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place 1 slice of prosciutto along 1 side of each chicken cutlet sluice and top with a sage leaf.
- Fold chicken over to cover prosciutto and sage.
- Pound along edge to seal or secure with toothpick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat half the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add half the chicken and cook for 1 minute, turning once until both sides are golden brown, (reduce heat if flour coating begins to burn), transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining olive oil and chicken and remove chicken to plate.
- Add white wine to skillet and bring to a boil while scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Reduce liquid to about one-half, then add chicken broth. Return chicken to skillet and cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes until liquid reduces by 1/3 and chicken is cooked throughout.
- Stir in butter and serve immediately.