"Forget ordering Asia take-out, make this!" -C. Martgreen
- 1 pack Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 3 tablespoons Spicy Sesame Oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter (Cashew Butter is delic. too!)
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce (reduced sodium is best)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Brown Rice Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- (Serving Size: Dinner For Two Please)
- Before you begin, wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- Rinse carrot and zucchini.
- Peel the outer skin off the carrot and zucchini and dispose.
- Continue to peel the carrot and zucchini into long ribbons. When you get to the core, stop and dispose the rest.
- Fill a medium pot of water, set on the stove, bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the spicy sesame oil to the boiling water.
- Blanch the carrot and zucchini ribbons.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, place the carrots and zucchini ribbons into the boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove carrot and zucchini ribbons from the boiling water with tongs, (keep the pot of water boiling on the stove) and set aside to cool on a cutting board.
- Cook the pack of Soba Noodles, strain, and rinse. Set aside in a medium serving bowl.
To make the sauce:
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the spicy sesame oil, minced garlic, almond butter, soy sauce, brown rice vinegar, and ground ginger.
- Whisk up gently.
- Pour the delicious, spicy almond soy sauce over noodles and mix in.
- Arrange the zucchini and carrot ribbons on top of the soba noodles and you’re good to go!