"Start your morning off right with this delicious alternative to distasteful instant pancakes from a box." -C. Martgreen
- 1 cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Oats
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 cup Almond Milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1 tablespoons Chia Seeds (plus a little extra to sprinkle atop your cooked pancakes)
- 1 Apple (your favorite apple works best)
- (Yields: 8 pancakes)
- Before you begin, wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- Set a skillet on the stove on low heat. Let this warm up while you mix the pancake batter.
- Add all the dry ingredients: whole-wheat flour, oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda into a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, crack and beat the egg.
- Add the almond milk and agave nectar to the egg; mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing as you go along.
- Once the batter is mixed, sprinkle in the chia seeds and fold them into the batter.
- Wash and thinly slice the apple, set aside.
- Spray, butter, or lightly oil your skillet and start pouring the batter in the skillet to your desired pancake size.
- When the edge of the pancakes start bubbling, place two to three apple slices on the pancake and FLIP!
- Let the flipped side cook about 60 seconds.
- Once all your pancakes are cooked, serve ‘em up, sprinkle a little extra chia seeds on top and douse in syrup (at your own discretion)! Enjoy!