Serve with chips and cheese on top.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- 2 (14.6 oz) cans of chicken broth (or 1 large carton)
- Chicken broth to cook chicken
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can of minced green chilies
- 2 (16 oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package of white/yellow frozen corn
- Some hot pepper flakes
- Crushed tortilla chips (for top)
- Shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese (your choice)
- In large soup pot, sauté onions and garlic until lightly browned.
- In another pot cook chicken in a combination of chicken broth and water until chicken in no longer pink.
- Remove from water and shred chicken.
- Add chicken, broth, tomatoes, corn, chilies and beans to onion mixture.
- Add hot pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.