"Avocados contain healthy fats that your body needs, beans are known as a “magical fruit” jam packed with protein and fiber, eat them together in this feel good salad to replenish and refuel after a long day." -C Martgreen
- 1 Can Red Beans
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 4 Tablespoons Basil flavored Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Red Chili Flakes, for garnish
- Before you get started, wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- Drain and rinse all beans with cool water, place in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, zest the rind of the lemon and set the zest aside.
- Place a strainer over a medium bowl and juice the lemon (no seeds allowed in the dressing).
- Add the basil olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, and black pepper to the lemon juice and whisk lightly.
- Poor the dressing over the beans and mix well.
- Plate a portion of the Three Bean salad.
- Cut avocado in half, pit the avocado, and peal skin off gently.
- Slice avocado into ½‘’ slices and place on top of beans.
- Sprinkle a little lemon zest and red chili flakes atop the avocado and beans.
- Eat, savor the flavors, and enjoy!