"They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Start if off right with a bowl of oats, the kind that The Three Bears wouldn’t have left behind for Goldilocks… because this is so much better than porridge!" -C. Martgreen
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Almond or Soy Milk
- 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Flax Seed Oil
- 1 cup Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Banana
- (Serving Size: Two Bears)
- Before you begin, wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- In a medium pot, on medium/low heat, add the water, almond/soy milk, agave nectar, cinnamon, vanilla, and flax oil. Stir lightly until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- When the milk has warmed up, add the oats and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently and keep an eye on the pot to make sure the contents does not spill over. If it does, lower the heat and stir until the oatmeal settles down.
- On a small plate, peal and smash the banana with a fork.
- When the oatmeal has finished cooking, serve in two bowls.
- Add half of the smashed banana to the top of each bowl and sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon to the top of each bowl for some extra spice!